Sunday, May 29, 2011

Seward: Where Heaven Kisses the Sky


At long-last: I have uploaded my pictures from my day-trip down to Seward AK! Seward is a small fishing town located 127 miles South of Anchorage, on the Southeast coast of the Kenai Peninsula. Population ~ 3,000. 

The drive from Anchorage to Seward (pictured ABOVE and below) is a breathtaking event in itself, and the road that connects the two cities - The Seward Highway - has been designated an All-American Road by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Notable points along the Seward Highway include: Beluga Point (where several pods of Beluga whales live and occasionally come up for air); Moose Pass (guess what people lood for there); Portage Glacier; resort town of Girdwood; and the Turnagain Arm BBQ Pit (a foodie favorite and National Icon).
Along the Seward Highway

Entering Seward



My little Sea Lion Friend (Seward Dock)
Boats in Dock at Seward


"It's really too bad about the location!"














Dumpsville Seward, AK
Future El Cabino!!









These signs were posted every ~10 miles along the Seward Highway outside of Seward AK
...I'm sorry, but if you DON'T know to run AWAY from a Tsunami... let Darwin's Survival of the Fittest Laws Apply!

3 comments:

  1. Brenna,
    If anyone knows how to out run a tsunami it would be you and your mom & dad so I won't worry about that one!!
    I have always wanted to go to Seward, looks like you enjoyed the ride that Al always wanted to do on our motorcycle but that we haven't attempted yet. Do you recommend it on a bike??
    Staying warm, I hope,
    love, Auntie Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. bravo bravo- so when exactly are you leaving? i want to try to swing up for a four day visit if you'll still be there in july!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be! Just talked with Sarah this morning and it sounds like I will be here through the end of July! You should come for the 4th!! LMK the dates and I'll put my voucher towards a flight!

    ReplyDelete